Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fruit Pizza

Fruit Pizza is one of my favorite desserts, actually, my favorite pizza :) and soooo yummy, I thought I'd share the recipe. :)

Crust:
1/2 cup of butter
3/4 cup of sugar  (Note: I usually use honey instead of sugar. If you do use honey, I would recommend you using 1/2 cup because the honey will be very dominant if you use 3/4 cup. )
1 egg
1 1/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. Combine flour, tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into creamed mixture until blended. Press into ungreased pan and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.

Frosting:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup of sugar (Note: I use honey for the frosting too. Only use about a 1/2 of the 1/4 cup if you use honey.)
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest (This is totally optional- I never use it.)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a bowl, combine the frosting ingredients with a spatula. (If the cream cheese is to hard, you can use the mixer.) Mix/stir until smooth. Spread the frosting over the cooled crust.

Fruit:
I usually use strawberries, grapes, kiwi, mandarin oranges, bananas and blueberries.
Place the fruit wherever you would like on the pizza.  You can either refrigerate it or eat it!!!
This is what my fruit pizza kind-of looks like. I took a snapshot of the picture on the recipe paper because I couldn't find the picture I took of my own fruit pizza. If you decided to make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out!!!! What's your favorite pizza?

Saying of the week:
 

Bible verse of the week: Romans 3:21-23
"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Have a fabulous, good and godly week everyone!!!
     In the Lord's love and mercy and grace,
         Ashley

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to try to make this! Thanks for the recipe. =) I LOVE that saying, by the way. I've never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!!! So glad you commented!! Thanks!
      I do hope you'll try to make it! Let me know how it turns out!!!
      And I'm glad you liked the saying. :)
      Your sister in the Lord,
      Ashley :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh!!! I LOVE fruit pizza! Now I really want some! : )

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!