Sunday, November 30, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude-Always Have a Thankful Heart Day 30.

Wow! I can't believe this is the last day of Attitude of Gratitude, but I am so excited to share with you the number 1 thing I'm most grateful for: JESUS CHRIST. One of my favorite chapters in the Bible that talks about Jesus is Colossians 1:12-20. "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And his is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven."  I'm so glad that reconciliation is through the blood of Jesus and that He reconciles us unto himself.
If you have a favorite verse you're thankful for, I would love to hear it!
I'm so so so grateful He saved my soul, and He made me whole. Aren't you?? And here's one more passage I just thought of that I really like: Colossians 2:6-7 "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving."

I really hope ya'll have enjoyed these 30 days of Thankfulness. I know I have! So many days I have counted the blessings the Lord has blessed me with- the ones I usually take for granted. But it is so important to give thanks for everything, as 1 Thessalonians 5:18 states: "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 

Saying of the week: From a jail cell last year, at the lowest point of my life, I found this to be true
Here's the Bible verse of the week: Romans 5:1-6 (*Romans chapter 5 is one of my favorite chapters in the whole Bible. :) 
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly." 
And since we are all ungodly, Christ died for everyone!!! And for that, I am so grateful. :) 
I hope you all have an awesome, good and godly week!

Saved by grace and grace alone,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Amen! It's wonderful to have Jesus Christ as our friend and Savior! Congratulations on finishing your Attitude of Gratitude posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ash,
    How are you doing?
    I love that Bible verse.
    I have heard it many times before, but I have never heard it on some
    ones blog. That is a beautiful picture of the lake. Romans Is one of my
    favorite books of the Bible, all though I have many favorite books.
    I will still put what I am thankful for, all though it is December.
    I am thankful for,
    Christians,
    birthdays,
    clothes.
    Thank you so much Ashley.
    Love,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!