Sunday, April 5, 2015

He Is Risen!!!!! Happy Easter!!!!!



                                    HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!             
My daddy told us a really cool thing on Thursday night in Bible. John 19:28-30 says: "After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

He knew he had fulfilled all the Scriptures that had talked about His death, except the prophecy in Psalms 69:21, which says "They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink." So, at the very last minute, He remembered the Word of God had not all been fulfilled, so he said "I thirst." And then in John 19:30, He said "It is finished." He knew all the prophecies had been fulfilled, and now it was time for Him to be the sacrifice Lamb. He was saying "I won. The battle is over. It's finished."

In Mark chapter 15:23, it says, "And they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh: but he received it not." That stuff was supposed to deaden the pain of crucifixion, but Jesus refused it; he choose to bear all the pain. His love for us is sooo amazing!!!! And wonderful!!!! But I am so thankful He rose again from the grave, or else we wouldn't have eternal life. 

 
Every time I think of Jesus dying on the cross, it reminds me that it was really our sins that He died for, and that we should have been the ones to pay for our sins. But no. Jesus loved us, like no one else ever can, that He took all the sins, not just some people's, but all the sins of every single person in the world. He took them all on himself, and paid for them with His blood. That is more than amazing and wonderful love. I can’t even describe how loving that is. John 15:13 says "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." 


Remember to thank Jesus for what He did for you-even when you didn’t deserve it. None of us deserved it. Every one deserved to go to hell-forever. But now we can spend eternity with our Saviour and Lord Jesus. Oh, how sweet that day will be, when at Jesus’ feet we’ll fall, and offer him thousands of years of praise. :)

Saying of the week:   


Bible verse of the week: Romans 13:10-14
Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. 

Song of the week: Christ Arose!
Low in the grave He lay-Jesus my Savior!
Waiting the coming day-Jesus my Lord!  

Up from the grave He arose, With a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain, 
And He lives forever with His saints to reign,
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose! 

Vainly they watch His bed-Jesus my Savior!
Vainly they seal the dead- Jesus my Lord!  

Death cannot keep his prey-Jesus my Savior! 
He tore the bars away-Jesus my Lord! 


Up from the grave He arose, With a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain, 
And He lives forever with His saints to reign,
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose! 


                                    What did you do for Easter? Anything special?

Trusting in the risen Saviour,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!