Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter!!!

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.         ~1 Corinthians 15:20

Hebrews 7:24-25: "But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

Happy Easter!!!! It is awesome that there is a day set aside where we especially reflect, remember and give thanks for the resurrection of our Lord. His resurrection is so vital because without it, we would have no hope of eternal life. 

Crown him the Lord of life, who triumphed o'er the grave,
Who rose victorious to the strife for those he came to save. 
His glories now we sing, who died, and rose on high, 
Who died eternal life to bring, and lives that death may die. 

~~~~~~~~~~

I will praise my dear Redeemer, his triumphant pow'r I'll tell, 
How the victory he giveth over sin, and death, and hell. 

~~~~~~~~~~

I know a fount where sins are washed away, I know a place where night is turned to day;
Burdens are lifted, blind eyes made to see; There's a wonder working pow'r in the blood of Calvary. 

I have a Saviour, he's a faithful friend, one who is with me, will be to the end. 
He, now in glory, intercedes for me. 'Twas his precious cleansing blood that once flowed on Calvary. 

I have a hope, my Lord will surely come, all his redeemed ones shall be gathered home. 
With him in glory evermore to be, then we'll praise him for the blood that was shed on Calvary. 

~~~~~~~~~~

I know that my Redeemer lives! What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead; He lives, my ever-living head!

He lives triumphant from the grave; he lives eternally to save;
He lives all-glorious in the sky; He lives exalted there on high. 

He lives, all glory to his name! He lives, my Saviour still the same. 
Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives: I know that my Redeemer lives! 

~~~~~~~~~~

And can it be, that I should gain an interest in the Savior's blood? 
Died he for me who caused his pain, for me who him to death pursued? 
Amazing love! How can it be that thou, my God, shouldst die for me! 

He left his father's throne above, so free, so infinite his grace! 
Emptied himself of all but love, and bled for Adam's helpless race. 
'Tis mercy all, immense and free, for o my God, it found out me! 

No condemnation now I dread; Jesus, and all in him, is mine;
Alive in him, my living head, and clothed in righteousness divine. 
Bold I approach the eternal throne, and claim the crown, through Christ my own. 

Amazing love, how can it be, that thou, my God, shouldst die for me!
Amazing love, how can it be, that thou, my God, shouldst die for me!

~~~~~~~~~~

Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"

~~~~~~~~~~

Hallelujah, Christ arose! Because he did, we do not have to fear death, and I am so grateful for that. 
How are you celebrating today? I’d love to hear in the comments. 



Rejoicing in the Lord, 
Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!