Sunday, November 6, 2016

I'm Thankful For...A Neat Verse ~~~ Day 6

I'm thankful for...a neat verse in the Bible.

As I was writing the post about Kennedy Space Center the 
other day, I stumbled across a verse I hadn't noticed before. 

By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath 
formed the crooked serpent.
~ Job 26:13 ~ 

I looked up garnish in the dictionary.  One of the definitions was:
embellish something; to decorate something with an 
ornament (which is something that decorates or adds
beauty to something else). It's just like God decorated the 
heavens with planets, stars, and galaxies. And He made it all just by
speaking it into existence.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to 
divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons,
and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the 
heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great
lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he
made the stars also.
~ Genesis 1:14-16 ~ 

By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the
breath of his mouth.
~ Psalms 33:6 ~

The heavens were made by God for his glory, to bring praise to Himself, for He 
alone is worthy of worship and admiration.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his 
handywork.  
~ Psalms 19:1 ~

And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O Lord: thy faithfulness also
in the congregation of the saints.
~ Psalms 89:5 ~

The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.
~ Psalms 97:6 ~

I was also thinking about how God made this planet perfectly suitable to sustain
life.  While visiting Kennedy Space Center, we heard alot about how NASA plans to
send people to Mars in the late 2030's to look for life. Well God didn't create the earth
pointlessly, He created it to be inhabited. Look at this verse I came across this afternoon. 

For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth
and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:
I am the Lord; and there is none else.
~ Isaiah 45:18 ~
God didn't create Mars to be inhabited by people. Our loving Creator made this special planet, Earth, for people. 

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you've had a pleasant Lord's day. 

Have you noticed these verses before? 




1 comment:

  1. Awesome observation! I love how in Genesis 1:16, God just mentions the stars as an afterthought. It was no big deal for him to create trillions upon trillions of stars, the multitude of which is difficult for us to even comprehend!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!