Sunday, November 27, 2016

I'm Thankful For...Thanksgiving ~~~ Day 24

I'm thankful for...Thanksgiving Day. 

Did you know the pilgrims didn't institute Thanksgiving Day as a national holiday?
A lady by the name of Sarah Hale did. To read more about her, I encourage you to visit this website and read about her. Even though the holiday is over, let us not forget to count our blessings daily, and thank the Lord for all He's provided. 

Psalms 69:30
I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Did you do anything special on Thanksgiving Day? 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting history! I knew it was during Abraham Lincoln's presidency that Thanksgiving was established as a holiday but I didn't know about Sarah Hale's part in it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!