Saturday, November 19, 2016

I'm Thankful For...The Young Eagles Program ~~~ Day 19

I'm thankful for the young eagles program.
 
Every May and November, the Young Eagles program allows kids (ages 8-17) to fly for free at our local airport. We've participated for the past few years, and it's really alot of fun. The planes are privately owned, usually by older gentlemen. They so graciously donate their time to take kids up in the air to introduce them to aviation. Click here to learn about the Young Eagles program.
 
And now on to some photos from this afternoon. 
This is the plane Deborah rode in.
And the pilot of this plane took Lauren and me up. Notice the tail-it's v shaped.
The pilot informed us he can fly faster than the other planes because of the V-tail.
Click here to read more about the V-tail, also called Butterfly Tail.
 Hutchinson Island
 
 
Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.
Deuteronomy 10:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!