Saturday, November 15, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude-Always Have a Thankful Heart Day15.

I am thankful for: 
  • Young Eagles Flying! Young Eagles Flying is an organization of volunteer pilots that take children, up to 17 years of age, for a ride in the sky in their airplanes. My sisters and I had the privilege of taking a ride today. I had a blast. And I got to fly the plane all by myself!  That was super exciting! Here are a few pictures. 
We saw some black birds, and our pilot said we were actually flying higher than they were. :) So cool! 
And here's another one...
Here we are, approaching the runway! The landing was smooth and the whole flight was eventful. In the beginning, our pilot asked us if we like roller coasters. Everyone said "yes" and I thought he was going to go upside down. So we had a nice little flight, until I started driving...everybody was checking their seat belts and hanging on for dear life!  Just kidding!!! I was a good driver and didn't do anything crazy. :) 
We were nearing the runway, (we were farther away than we are in the picture) and I asked our pilot if we were going to do some roller coasting. :) Then he went up a little bit higher, and then we dropped a little bit! It made me have a funny feeling when we were dropping down! It almost lifted me out of my seat! (But thankfully, I was wearing a seat belt. :) 
I think it would be cool if I could learn to fly a little plane like the one we were in. Then, if I ever get to be a missionary to a different country, I can fly supplies and Bibles to the people! When I was in the air, looking over the ocean, it reminded me of Nate Saint, Jim Elliot, and the rest of the men that flew to Ecuador to bring the gospel to the Auca Indians. Even though they ended up dying, the Aucas still heard and received the gospel because the wives decided they would witness to them. :) And saying all that, it reminded me of Joseph. His brothers sold him as a slave and eventually, God used him to save his whole family. I think of what Joseph said to his brothers after he revealed himself to them in Genesis 50:20: "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive."
  • The new bean sprout! Yesterday, I was looking in all my pots to see if there were any sprouts. I was moving some dirt away out of this one little pot, and lo and behold, a green bean sprout! Here's a picture of it.
 
  •  This spider's web. I almost ran into this web a couple nights ago. It was cool to see this big web, and then this tiny little spider was in the middle of the web, just waiting. 
It was really dark out and I was trying to shine the flashlight on it so I could take a picture of the whole web. 
                  
                                                 Have you ever flown before? 

3 comments:

  1. How neat that you got to fly! Sounds so neat! No, I've never had the opportunity to fly, but I'd love to.

    Great photo of the spider's web!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how neat for YOU to go up in such a SMALL plane. I honestly don't think I would have the courage to fly in a small plane. I did fly twice on a commercial plane, from Portsmouth, Virginia to Florida, back in 1980 approx., when I visited my family. I am ashamed to say, that I was TERRIFIED when the plane began to take off. I was holding on for dear life, and yes, I was yelling. Everyone near me was laughing at me, (guess they had flown before), and once it leveled off, I was fine. Well, not really. I was never so glad when that planes landing gear touched the ground. My flying days are over.
    What a stunning picture, Ashley of the spider web. You are quite the photographer. Neat too, that you can clearly make out the spider in the web. Don't know which I am more afraid of....planes or spiders. GREAT Blog, Ashley!!!

    <Louise Rector

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ash,
    Deborah and I loved the air plane ride. Even though that was a new experience for Deborah, she wasn't that nervous as I was. I don't like flying over the ocean.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!