Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude-Always Have a Thankful Heart Day 11

Today, I am thankful for:
  • Veterans. Happy Veteran's Day to all you veterans!!! Thank you so much for your service to our country and for giving of yourselves so we could enjoy the freedoms that we have. We should all be thankful to the veterans every day and not just on Veteran's Day. When I wrote that sentence, it made me think of how Jesus gave His life for us so we could have eternal freedom from sin. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 says "For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again." That's how much God loves us. And all the veterans loved our country so much they were willing to die for it.

  •  Our voices. Psalms 71:22-23 says "I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel. My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed."
  • Books. I am a huge bookworm! Some of my favorite books (other than the Bible which is #1) are missionary books, (I'm a HUGE fan of missionary books! I have quite a few, and I have read them all a few times through.:) mystery stories, Elsie Dinsmore series, which by the way are excellent books, and other adventurous books. :)
What are some of your favorite books to read? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!