Friday, November 14, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude-Always Have a Thankful Heart- Day 13

I am thankful for:
  • My pen pals. :) I got your letter yesterday, Anna! Thank you! Proverbs 27:9- " Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel." 
  • God's Grace. This makes me think of Titus 2:11- "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men," and Hebrews 2:9- "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man."
  • Songs. My favorite music is hymns, but I like Christian Bluegrass music, too. Here's a song that came to my mind. 

Why Do I Sing About Jesus?

Deep in my heart there is gladness;
Jesus has saved me from sin!
Praise to His name, what a Savior!
Cleansing without and within!


Why do I sing about Jesus?
Why is He precious to me?
He is my Lord and my Savior;
Dying, He set me free!


Only a glimpse of His goodness;
That was sufficient for me.
Only one look at my Savior;
Then was my spirit set free.


Why do I sing about Jesus?
Why is He precious to me?
He is my Lord and my Savior;
Dying, He set me free!


He is the fairest of fair ones;
He is the Lily, the Rose.
Rivers of mercy surround Him;
Grace, love, and pity He shows.


Why do I sing about Jesus?
Why is He precious to me?
He is my Lord and my Savior;
Dying, He set me free!

1 comment:

  1. Hymns and Christian bluegrass are my favorites too! I am incredibly grateful for God's grace, so undeserved yet so full and free! Great verses.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!