Thursday, November 20, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude-Always Have a Thankful Heart Day 18

I am thankful for:
  • Eyes/eyesight. We often take seeing for granted and we don't take time to thank the Lord for the eyes He gave us. My Tae Kwon Do teacher told us that when he was younger, he blindfolded himself, and spent a couple days walking around bumping into things. He said when he took the blindfold off, he had a new appreciation for his eyes.
Here's a creation moment about the amazing eye.
The Incredibly Sensitive Eye.
Job 19:25-27
For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.”
The human eye is so incredibly sensitive that it can actually detect a single particle of light – a photon.
Photons emitted from a laser

The truth is, the human eye is so sensitive that were it not for special features inside the eye that process the billions of pieces of information coming into the eye every split second, we would be overwhelmed. While the eye can detect even one photon of light, it will not pass an image on to your brain until at least six photons strike in the same area of the eye. If this weren’t the case, on a dark night we would see nothing but static, since less than six photons could not be focused into an image and would appear to us as just static.

This special provision makes one wonder if the eye was not designed by an all wise Creator. After all, how could mindless chance and mutations know about the basic laws of physics that control light’s behavior? The range of the eye’s sensitivity is also a million times greater than our modern photographic films, providing us with a dynamic range of 10 billion to one. While the greatest sensitivity is needed on dark nights, an internal control in the eye reduces that sensitivity for bright daylight.
Science doesn’t rule out God at all! Our knowledge of the eye’s working demands the conclusion that we are the creation of a wise and powerful God!
  • Biblical Reality Glasses. We have watched The Creation Adventure Team: 6 Short Days, 1 Big Adventure! And in the movie, a girl talks about creation in her class. She gives all the students and the teacher Biblical Reality Glasses to put on. Well, now in our house, we put our Biblical Reality Glasses on and we make sure we look at things through the Biblical perspective and see things the way they really are. :) If you would like to watch The Creation Adventure Team: 6 Short Days, 1 Big Adventure, click here. You have to click the next part of the movie once one segment is done. 
  • Fellow Believers in Christ.
Just a note: This is my 100th post! I can't believe I have posted that much in 6 months!  What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!